Sunday, January 2, 2011

Navigator 2:7 and Philippians 1

Today James and I started Navigator 2:7 as a bible study.  James has already completed book 1 and will be starting book 2 with the guys at church.  I wanted to do this study and God opened the door that we could do this together.  

Funny how God works things out as James and I have been discussing what to do for our personal bible study.  It's been such a long time since we had done a bible study together because we have LET life get in the way.  Now, with an empty home, it allows us the time and energy to do this together, in the quiet and peacefulness of our home.  

I still will be doing my private reading time daily.  This morning I read Philippians 1...and what did I glean?

God, open my mind and my heart so that I can increase my knowledge and depth of insight, to discern what is best and be filled with the fruit of righteousness. (Phil 1:9b-11a)

God, show me how to spread your word through goodwill, doing so in love. (Phil, 1:15b-16)

I want to live for Christ, even though persecution may come my way. (Phil 1:21)

I want to be able to conduct myself in a manner worthy of the Gospel and to stand firm in one spirit. (Phil 1:27)

Father God, today I come to you with humility and pliability, open my heart to your word so that I may learn to be more Christ-like in my daily life.  Be fresh and new in me and through me today, that your will be done.  Amen!

Today we sung a new song that touched my heart....

The More I Seek You
Kari Jobe

The more I seek you,
the more
I find you.

The more
I find you,
the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet

drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath,
hear your heart beat

This love is so deep,

it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

The more
I seek you,
the more
I find you.

The more
I find you,
the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet

drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath,
hear your heart beat

This love is so deep,

it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

I wanna sit at your feet

drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath,
hear your heart beat

This love is so deep,

it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

I wanna sit at your feet

drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath,
hear your heart beat

This love is so deep,

it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace...

God bless!
Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment