Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011 ~ A New Beginning

As I sat during my devotional time earlier this week, I realized I needed to make a change this year for me.  I've been struggling with who I am for a while now...not sure if it's because of having an empty house again with just my husband or the surgery or an avalanche of stones that have built into a huge road block in my life.

So the first change I am making this year is opening the Word daily, writing down scriptures that "speak" to me and spending time in prayer.  I want to know God's will for me at this junction of my life.

Three days ago I prayed for God's leading and then opened my bible...right to Hebrews 11...that's right...the FAITH CHAPTER!  Oh dear...like that was a rude awakening!  :)  God led me through the chapter, opening my eyes to many verses within, my heart to what I need to focus on first...rebuilding my faith and trust in Him.

Two days ago I read Hebrews 12...discipline...OUCH!  God disciplines those He loves and calls His children.  So I guess that is the next step...take His discipline standing upright (or should I say on my knees) and grow in it...to a life of righteousness in His name!

Yesterday I read Hebrews 13...He will never leave me!  He is with me always!  Praise Him!  Equip me to do Your will!

Today I noticed a devotional on the side by these chapters and decided to follow the suggested reading...right to Psalms 147-150...just confirming the past three days of reading!

Here are a few excerpts:
"The Lord sets the prisoners free!"
"The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down!"
"The Lord loves the righteous!"
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds!"
"The Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love!"
And the final summation....
"LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE LORD!"

I thought of the song "I WILL FOLLOW" by Chris Tomlin after reading through these chapters today...

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...

All your ways are good

All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone

Where you go, I'll go

Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you

Light unto the world

Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone

In you there's life everlasting

In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
And I will follow


So today....will you follow Christ?  Will you do what He wants for you in this earthly life?  Are you willing to sacrifice yourself, pick up your cross, and follow Jesus today?

No comments:

Post a Comment